I have been involved in various service areas within the CMLL department, college,
university and professional organizations:
- I have been actively involved in the Arabic program curriculum improvement, designing
and developing new course (face-to-face and online), interactive activities, and building
the Arabic program website.
- I have maintained active service in national and international associations, such
as AERA, SERA by reviewing proposals, serving on committees, volunteering, conducting
presentations, facilitating sessions, and attending meetings.
My departmental service mainly includes the following tasks:
- Coordinator of the Arabic program and area studies: Fall 2010-present.
- Developing the Arabic program curriculum.
- Supervisor and mentor of the Arabic Fulbright Teaching Assistant (FLTA)
- Arabic table for the CMLL cultural day every year since 2005 to present.
- Arabic table at the CMLL Mardi-Gras celebration 2011.
- Advisor of the Arabic club at Texas Tech: supervising departmental activities such
as group discussions in Arabic, the Arabic lunch table, and the Arabic Movie night.
- Advisor of the Arabic Club at TTU
- Advisor of the Middle Eastern Student Association (MESA)
- Peer Reviewer for SERA, conference.
- Peer Reviser for AERA conference
- Chair for Women Studies program 2008: Women changing the World Through Engineering,
Science and Medicine. All university Conference on Women.
- Chair for SERA 2007 Division III: Motivation session.
- Council board member, Southwest Educational Research Association (SERA).
- Committee member with the College of Education laptop initiative research team.
Services to University
- Chair of Cultural fashion show 2010 at the International Cultural Center, TTU
- A member of jury for the recruitment of Texas Tech students for the Study Abroad program
in Arab countries.
- Coordinator: I have also helped and still coordinating recruitment of new graduate
- Volunteer: I have volunteered to help with the organization of different educational
events on campus like teaching about the Arab world culture and language for the Upward
Bound Programs for the division of student affairs at Texas Tech University.
- An active member involved in cultural and diversity events with the International
Cultural Center, TTU.
Service to Community
- Volunteer, Lubbock Heart Association: raising money and hosting auction for the benefit
of patients with heart conditions.
- Language instructor for the U.S Marines at the Lubbock Army Reserve.
- Active participant in community services: I was intensively involved in many educational,
cultural and community service activities that benefited TTU and Lubbock Community.
I have also represented Texas Tech in workshops in different other states like Nebraska,
New Orleans, the District of Columbia and New York as a Fulbright scholar.