Graduate Workshop Schedule
For additional events in the department, please see our events page.
These workshops are run by and for the TTU Classics MA cohort, in conjunction with the Classics faculty.
2019-20 Workshop Coordinators: Alex Claman, Maurice Gonzales, Jessi Mellenthin
All workshops meet in CMLL 18.
- August 23 @ ~1:30PM – Expectations for Graduate School and Brief Introduction to the
- Texas Tech University Resources [includes short tour of Library and coffee].
- Sept. 9 @ 12PM – Choosing a Conference and Developing an Abstract
- Sept. 23 @ 12PM – Acclimating to Graduate School [discuss schedule/balance, Course
- Work, TA-ship, Professional Relationships and other questions that have come up from the
- first month].
- October 7 @ 12PM – Abstract Round Table
- October 21 @ 12PM – Choosing summer opportunities and Study Abroad Funding
- November 4 @ 12PM – Internal Funding and External Funding
- November 25 @ 12PM – Professional and Pedagogical Development Opportunities
- February 3 @ 12PM – Thesis Planning
- February 17 @12PM – The writing process
- March 6 @ 12PM – Abstract Round Table or Conference Paper Reads
- March 23 @12PM – PhD Application Process
- April TBD – Abstract Roundtable or Conference Paper Reads [dependent on interest/need]
*All dates, times, and content subject to change based on needs of graduate cohort.
Classical Language & Literature Studies
AddressCMLL Building, 2906 18th St, Lubbock, TX 79409