Study Abroad With Classics
Are you an archaeologist, classicist or ancient historian?
Our Department offers three study abroad opportunities for you!
Study Abroad in Faynan, Jordan
You will learn archaeological techniques while excavating an ancient industrial copper mining region
- June Ist - June 30th, 2013
- Counts for CLAS 4300 and 4310 and fulfills the multi-cultural requirement
- This course is lead by Professor Hannah Friedman of Texas Tech University
- What are the costs?- $3,000 program fee (estimated $6,000 for airfare, tuition, TTU fees, and spending money)
- for more information please visit Archaeology of Jordan
Study abroad in Binchester, UK
You will be spent learning the practices of archaeological excavation at the Roman fort of Binchester along Hadrian's Wall.
- July 1st- July 27th, 2013
- Counts for CLAS 3330 World of Rome and CLAS 4310 the Archaeology of Roman Borders
- The course is lead by Professor Christopher Witmore of Texas Tech University
- What are the costs? TBA
- For more information please visit join the e-mail list (by e-mailing Dr Witmore). Also check out the Michael Shanks' photography from Binchester.
Study abroad in Rome, Italy
You will explore the city of Rome through its history, culture, and architecture
- Counts for CLAS 3330 World of Rome CLAS 33 and CLAS 4310 the archaeology of Roman Borders
- The course is lead by Professor Corby Kelly of Texas Tech University
Important Dates and Information
- February 25 - registration (750 dollar deposit)