Digital Humanities Lab
The CMLL Digital Humanities Lab has various hardware and software to help you. Among the items available are:
- 14 iMacs, all installed with:
- Adobe CS6 Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Office 2011
- 2 of the iMacs have Final Cut Pro installed
- Networked color laser printer available from all iMacs in the lab
- Stand-alone inkjet poster printer (accepts standard image and PDF files, mutliple paper sizes offered)
- Projector for presentations from either one of the iMacs or a laptop
- The projector provides either a VGA or HDMI connection
- If you need to use the projector, please let the Lab know when you check-in. They will provide the projector's remote along with a VGA adapter for the iMacs.
If you have your own camera, camcorder, etc. you are welcome to see if it will connect to the iMac in order to import/copy your files onto the computer (you must supply your own USB cable). If it doesn't connect, you will need to find another system to download those files and then bring them into the lab to work on. You can bring the device to the Language Lab and ask if it can be copied from a PC in there, but you must supply your own USB cable and flash drive to copy the data to.