Home | MA Program | Ph.D. Program | Faculty | Current Students | Journals | Student Organizations
Courses | How to Apply | Tuition & Fees | Financial Aid | FAQ | Announcements | Seville | Testimonials
Dr. Connie Scarborough
Professor of Spanish
Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 1983
Courses Commonly Taught
- Medieval Literature, History of the Spanish Language
- Writing for the Profession : Intro. to Literature; Masterpieces of Spanish Literature
- Co-Director Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies 2010-2011 Phi Beta Kappa Selection Committee 2009-2010
Areas of Research
- Medieval Spanish Literature and Language, especially the works of Alfonso X
- A Holy Alliance: Alfonso X's Political Use of Marian Poetry. Newark, Delaware: Juan de la Cuesta, 2009.
- Libro de los exenplos por a.b.c. Critical edition with John E. Keller. Madrid: Ars Libri, 2000.
- Introduction, The Songs of Holy Mary [a translation of the Cantigas de Santa Maria] by Kathleen Kulp-Hill (Tempe, AZ: Medieval and Renaissance Studies, 2000)
- "The Co-redemptive Role of Mary in Berceo’s El duelo de la Virgen.” Romance Notes 49.2 (2009): 123-32.
- “The Tragic/Comic Calisto: Obsessed and Insecure” - Celestinesca (2010) “Geographical and Allegorical Settings: An Ecocritical Reading of “Afrenta de Corpes” in the Poema de Mio Cid” – Mediaevistik (2011) “Sexual Imagery as Unifying Factor in Razón de amor con los denuestos del agua y el vino” – Hispanic Research Review (2011)
Awards and Honors
- Nominee for La Corónica Book Award 2011 and Nominee for President´s Book Award 2011