Classical Greek Language & Literature Studies
TTU offers undergraduate and graduate courses in Classical Greek which can lead to
undergraduate and masters degrees in Classics in which one can specialize in Greek.
TTU also offers a number of courses on Classical Greek Civilization in English translation.
A Classics Minor can specialize in Greek. The minor would consist of 18 hours of
Greek and related courses including six hours at the 3000 level or above.
Greek Language Courses can be used to satisfy TTU Foreign Language Requirements.
These courses also can prepare you for exotic and exciting study-abroad opportunities.
Greek Language Courses
- GRK 1301, 1302 A Beginning Course in Greek I, II
- GRK 2301, 2301, A Second Course in Greek I, II
- GRK 4300 Individual Problems in Greek
- GRK 5330 Greek Prose
- GRK 5340 Greek Poetry
- GRK 7000 Research
In addition, a number of popular Greek Culture courses are offered in English:
- CLAS 1310 Latin and Greek Terminology
- CLAS 3302 Classical Mythology
- CLAS 3303 Sports and Public Spectacles in the Ancient World
- CLAS 3304 Ancient Technology
- CLAS 3320 World of Greece
- CLAS 3340 Gender and Sexuality in the Classical World
- CLAS 3350 Comparative Mythology
- CLAS 4300 Research in Classics (writing intensive, may be repeated for credit)
- CLAS 4310 Seminar in Classics (writing intensive, may be repeated for credit)