- International Teaching Assistant Workshop
- ITA Home
- Workshop Leaders
- Workshop Calendar
- History and Mandated Purpose
- Standards for Approval to Teach
- ITA Performance Test
- Information for Participants
- Information for Faculty/Advisors
- Skype Interview Procedures
- Information for NEW International Students
- NEW Student Information on Pre-arrival to the USA
International Teaching Assistant Workshop
2017 ITA Workshop: July 24 - August 11
Texas Tech University Operating Policy 64.03 requires that the appointment of international students as teaching assistants be made only after certification of English proficiency and readiness for the classroom. The International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Workshop is conducted each summer to assess and improve the language skills of prospective ITAs.
Academic departments refer students to the ITA program, which is required of all prospective ITAs. Currently, the program consists of a 3-week summer workshop.
Spring 2017 Course Schedule
Spoken English Fluency Courses
- ESL 5310:001, Spoken English Fluency, MW 9:00 - 10:20 AM, Linley Melhem (CRN: 25856)
- ESL 5310:002, Spoken English Fluency, T R 12:30 -1:50 PM, Linley Melhem (CRN: 40323)
- ESL 5310:003, Spoken English Fluency, T R 3:30 - 4:50 PM, Linley Melhem (CRN: 47212)
Academic Writing Courses
- ESL 5315:001, Academic Writing, T R 9:30 - 10:50 AM, Olga Pahom (CRN: 25858)
- ESL 5315:002, Academic Writing, T R 12:30 - 1:50 PM, Olga Pahom (CRN: 55561)
These courses are for students whose evaluations during the workshop do not qualify them to teach immediately. (Please note: This is not a website for information on graduate school admission. For more information on that please consult the TTU Graduate School).
For information regarding ITA Workshop registration, please contact the academic advisor in your department at Texas Tech University. You cannot register yourself for the workshop; only your TTU graduate advisor may do so.