International Teaching Assistant Workshop
2017 ITA Workshop: July 24 - August 11
Texas Tech University Operating Policy 64.03 requires that the appointment of international students as teaching assistants be made only after certification of English proficiency and readiness for the classroom. The International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Workshop is conducted each summer to assess and improve the language skills of prospective ITAs.
Academic departments refer students to the ITA program, which is required of all prospective ITAs. Currently, the program consists of a 3-week summer workshop.
Fall 2017 Course Schedule
Spoken English Fluency Courses
- ESL 5310:001, Professional Communication, TR 12:30 – 1:50 AM, (CRN: 10237)
- ESL 5310:002, Professional Communication, TR 3:30 -4:50 PM, (CRN: 22371)
- ESL 5310:003, Professional Communication, MW 11:00 AM – 12:20 PM (CRN: 30403)
- ESL 5312-001, English Communication for Teaching Professionals, TR 12:30-13:50 PM (CRN 32236)
Academic Writing Courses
- ESL 5315:001, Academic Writing in English, T R 9:30 - 10:50 AM, (CRN: 37972)
- ESL 5315:002, Academic Writing in English, T R 12:30 - 1:50 PM, (CRN: 37973)
These courses are for students whose evaluations during the workshop do not qualify them to teach immediately. (Please note: This is not a website for information on graduate school admission. For more information on that please consult the TTU Graduate School).
For information regarding ITA Workshop registration, please contact the academic advisor in your department at Texas Tech University. You cannot register yourself for the workshop; only your TTU graduate advisor may do so.