Housing & Food
Campus Housing Registration
Students should NOT notify the housing office of their reservations or arrival dates. The ITA Workshop coordinator will do this. Students SHOULD notify your Academic Advisor of your arrival date and time.
If there are no available rooms in Campus Housing for late registration after July 6, the ITA candidate will need to secure his/her own housing. Contact your Advisor to request information on the availability of Campus Housing. Your academic advisor will contact the ITA Workshop coordinator and will register students for the ITA Workshop and for Campus Housing.
- July 21-22 is the move-in date into campus housing
- Desk Hours: Sat-Sun 9:00 am – 12:00 am located in the Leadership Development Center within the Carpenter-Wells Complex
- Call 806.742.4543 for after-hours check-in
Contact your academic advisor for registrations after July 5 for housing availability.
Late Registration by availability only
August 10 by 12:00pm Noon is the check-out date.
Campus housing keys & meal cards:
Students will check-out of campus housing at the front desk where they checked in. Students are required to return their campus housing key and meal card. Students will be charged a key replacement fee of $300.00 for a lost or non-returned key and $5.00 per meal card.
To be eligible, students must not presently be living in Lubbock or have been registered at Texas Tech during the previous academic year.
- Student's family members. Arrangements for family members are the student's responsibility.
- Students enrolled in summer school.
- Students who have previously been enrolled at TTU.
- Provided items: 2 flat sheets, 2 towels, 2 washcloths, 2 hand towels, 1 blanket, 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase, 1 bar of bath soap and a disposable cup.
- The bed will be made upon arrival but candidate is responsible for washing the sheets during the stay.
- Laundry facilities are available to students staying in Carpenter–Wells at no additional charge.
- Laundry detergent must be purchased by the student.
- The dining bucks provided cannot be used for such purchases.
- Available to all eligible candidates at the time of check-in.
- Eligible candidates for meal cards: ONLY newly arriving students to Texas Tech University. Returning candidates are not eligible for free campus housing or free meal cards during the ITA workshop.
- The last meal provided will be breakfast on Friday, August 9.
- All students must check out of their rooms by 12 noon on August 10. Students are responsible for returning their room key to campus housing before leaving.
- Classes begin at Tech on August 27.
- Students should not notify the housing office of their reservations or arrival dates. The ITA Workshop coordinator will do this.
- Students should bring enough money to cover anticipated expenses for the months of August and September.