Links to Practice Foreign Languages
Current Languages Offered:
- Passwort Deutsch: Online activities.
- Kontakte 5th Edition : Quizzes and cultural activities.
- Em Neu 2008 : Access interactive grammar exercises and thematic links for each chapter.
- Goethe-Institut : A rich resource for both language learning and cultural immersion. Try an adventure game for language learning, online exercises, or find out about sport and musicLike the Goethe Institut on Facebook for regular updates about events.
- Tangram Aktuell : Have fun with a variety of online exercises from the website of Hueber Verlag.
- Jetzt.de: A collaboration between Süddeutschen Zeitung and Goethe Institut Inter Nationes with several exercises including video and reading
- 100 tests by the Goethe Institut in Triest: Practise your vocabulary online
- German for Everyone : Try Babel Nation's free online course for beginners, with pages for lessons, vocabulary, crosswords, exercises. Includes audio.
- German : verb conjugations activities.
- German : vocabulary actvitivies by book.
- Interactive Grammar Activities : To practise prepositions, pronouns, verbs etc.
- Deutsch perfekt Online : Im Detushkurs lernt mal korrektes Deutsch. Trifft man Deutsche dann im Alltag, sprechen viel aber ganze anders!... Find all sorts of material to practise and develop your listening, reading and writing!!
- TuneIn.com : Listen to live streaming radio from Germany, including a wide range of music and talk stations.
- DW - World.de : Learn German with Deutsche Welle, or click here for the page in English. Listen and read the news simultaneously, consult the glossary if you need help, and try out Deutsch Interaktive and Radio D - two of DW's free interactive courses.
- Mission Berlin : Have fun learning German by completing dangerous missions in this online, time-travelling game! Also with transcripts, exercises, games and cultural information, etc.
- Interactive video exercises : Fill-in-the-gaps exercises on a range of everyday topics, with hints and instant feedback. Great for listening practice. Made by The Ashcombe School Language College in England.
- LanguageGuide.org : Pick a topic from the list, and then simultaneously hear the vocabulary when you roll the mouse over the pictures. Great section for grammar too. A fun way to build your vocabulary, or revise!
- Phonetics: The Sounds of German : Animated diagrams, step-by-step descriptions, and video-audio of German sounds spoken in context. Part of a linguistics project from the University of Iowa. Vorleser.net offers 500 literary works with sound to download for free (mp3).
- BBC Languages German : Website is fantastic whatever your level! It includes online courses for beginners and Talk German, quizzes, grammar, cultural information, and heaps more! Plus lots for intermediate learners too. (RealPlayer and Flash required for audio/video)
- Spiegel Online - Current articles from the biggest German magazine
- Deutsche Welle - World broadcasting service of Germany. Simply the best, watch, listen, read or learn German.
- Die Welt - News about Germany, international and economy related topics
- Sowieso - Online Zeitung für junge Leser. Very readable and relevant!
- Tagesschau.de - bietet ergänzende Informationen in Text, Bild, Audio und Video, sowie umfassende Berichte und Hintergründe zu aktuellen Themen
- Fritz.de - A radio station direct from Berlin
- Euronews auf Deutsch - Play clips of the latest international news in German, also with the German transcript below!
- Leo Online Dictionary - Find words and collocations with this useful online dictionary.
- Tu Chemnitz Dictionary - A simple dictionary based on a wordlist of approximately 150,000 entries
- Konkordanzer-Corpus Deutsch - A valuable tool for writing, vocabulary building and finding collocations from German texts. This free concordancer accesses a corpora of 1 million words.
- German Wikipedia - A free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, with a range of articles about almost anything
- Abacho.de - ist ein Suchindex für deutschsprachige Dokumente
- Yahoo Deutschland
** Links obtained from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand **