Links to Practice Foreign Languages
Current Languages Offered:
- Nuovo Progetto italiano - access online materials/downloads from the 'Area Studenti' tab, Nuovo Progetto
italiano, Nuovo Progetto italiano 1, 2, or 3. New course materials for ITAL114/115
(1), 215/216 (2), and 315/316 (3).
- Ciao 7th Edition - Chapter-by-chapter online exercises at beginner level. Select the chapter to work
on from the pull-down list.
- Adesso! - Developed to supplement the Adesso! Italian language materials. Explore authentic,
up-to-date Italian culture and complete real-life tasks.
- Matdid Italian exercises, articles, videos and activities which can be searched by level
or by topic. Excellent for learning about Italian culture!
- Italian Culture on the Net is a comprehensive site complied by a consortium of Italian universities. There
are links to online language courses (require subscription), encyclopedia, digital resources, etc.
- Italian 100 web exercises - Interactive grammar, vocab, and translation exercises for beginners from Victoria
University in British Columbia, Canada.
- Centro Studi Italiani Electronic Classroom - for grammar and vocabulary
- Language guide.org - Pick a topic from the list, and then simultaneously hear the vocabulary when you
roll the mouse over the pictures. A fun way to build your vocabulary, or revise!
- Italian Verb Conjugation Activities, and Vocabulary Activities by book
- Tunein.com Listen to live streaming radio from Italy, including a wide range of talk and music
- Incontro italiano audio magazine - All about Italy in Italian! Online magazine with transcripts, exercises, and free
- ITALICA free online language course from RAI International - choose your own style to learn with cartoons or photos,
and select the curriculum you want: situations / language functions / storytelling!
Lots of fun, with exercises, listening, grammar work, dictionary, etc. Instant feedback.
- The BBC Languages Italian website is fantastic! It includes online courses for beginners and Talk Italian, quizzes, grammar, cultural information, and heaps more! Plus links for intermediate
learners too. (RealPlayer and Flash required for audio and video)
- Geste - Gestures - Have fun seeing and hearing lots of commonly used gestures used by Italians! Requires
- Interactive video exercises - Fill-in-the-gaps exercises on a range of everyday topics, with hints and instant
feedback. Great for listening practice. Made by The Ashcombe School Language College
- Italica's Dante site
- Princeton Dante Project - comprehensive site for Dante's works with Italian and English audio, images, lectures,
- Corriere Italy's most prominent newspaper.
- La RAI in diritta sul web (previously Rai Click TV) has recent tv shows to watch, programmes on various themes,
podcasts, etc. Explore the main site RAI - Radio televisione italiana, watch news programmes on RaiNews24 (live stream/recent archives), or listen to the radio.
- Euronews in italiano - Play clips of the latest international news in Italian, also with the Italian
- GBYRC lists many Italian radio stations available to listen to online.
- La Repubblica online newspaper
- L'Espresso online magazine
- Italian Magazines online - Find a topic you'd like to read in another magazine!
- Garzanti's online dictionary, Garzanti Linguistica, is ideal to use with Word for your assignments.
It is free, but you need to register with your email address and a password.
- English Italian Online Dictionary - 3,700 terms
- Italian >> Any European language dictionary
- Italian Wikipedia - A free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, with a range of articles about almost
- Virgilio - A brilliant Italian search engine with many features including: best of the Italian
web, site of the day, search by keyword, etc. Highly recommended!
- ShinyStat - One of the best search engines in Italian. Search by keyword and categories
- Yahoo! Italia
** Links obtained from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand **