Links to Practice Foreign Languages
Current Languages Offered:
- Viajes: Introducción al español - Online resources with grammar tutorials, videos, flashcards, and multimedia resources.
- Pasajes 7th Edition - Interactive exercises”
- ¿Sabías que... ?- beginner online materials. Chapter-by-chapter interactive exercises for vocab and
grammar, quizzes and cultural activities!
- Instituto Cervantes is a portal of reference related to the Spanish Language and culture in Spanish.
Try their level test here.
- Interactive exercises for beginners - To practise and revise grammar. Made by Deanne Cobb at the University of Regina
- A Spanish CALL Project - Manuel Soto Arrivi designed a whole website dedicated to Spanish language and
hispanic cultures. Check the grammar, exercises and the culture sections for language
- Study spanish.com - Free lessons online and exercises + Virtual report card if you want to monitor
- Spanish Language Games - learn vocabulary with games
- Level Tests - Before starting, check your level with these online tests!
- Spanish Verb Conjugation Activities, Vocabulary Activities by book, Vocabulary Activities by theme, and Grammar Activities
- Spanish vocab quizzes - timed vocab quizzes: ideal as quick practice!
- EL Conjugador - Excellent tool to revise or search verb conjugation. Creates a table across all
tenses and forms, allows to export or print.
- Tunein.com Listen to live streaming radio from around the world, including a wide range of
talk and music stations. Search by location to choose stations from Spain or South
- AsíSeHace.net.- Full of interactive exercises with audio and video
- Spanish Language and Culture - Comprehensive language practice with interactive activities based on stories,
songs and poems from Spain and Latin America - from Barbara Kuckzun Nelson at Colby
College, Maine, USA
- Audiria - Online learning tool which, freely, offers methods to ensure the comprension of
a new language learning is the best possible
- Lingus - learn Spanish while watching short dialogues with transcripts and grammar, for
all levels of learners
- Phonetics: The Sounds of Spanish - animated diagrams, step-by-step descriptions, and video-audio of Spanish sounds
spoken in context. Part of a linguistics project from the University of Iowa. (Requires Flash 7)
- Interactive video exercises - Fill-in-the-gaps exercises on a range of everyday topics, with hints and instant
feedback, great for listening practice. Made by The Ashcombe School Language College
- The BBC Languages Spanish website is fantastic! It includes online course Talk Spanish, and the interactive mystery adventure set in Madrid: Mi Vida Loca. Also there are quizzes, grammar, music, cultural information, and heaps more! (RealPlayer
and Flash required for audio/video)
- Aguila Roja - enjoy episodes on the super-hero's adventures from your PC!
- Centro Virtual de Cervantes - Everything you need to know about Spanish language and cultural events. Click here for short stories at three reading levels; great vocabulary lists and interactive language learning
activities!- recommended for all Spanish language courses
- Español con Carlitos - build your vocabulary and reading comprehension
- Concordanista-Corpus Español - A valuable tool for writing, vocabulary building and finding collocations from
Spanish texts. This free concordancer accesses one large corpora for Spanish.
- El Castellano.org - todo sobre la lengua española [Spanish only]!
- Literatura Hispana - Enlaces de literatura. Links to Spanish Literature across centuries ranging from
the Middle-Ages to the 20th century, and Hispano American literature
- Letralia - Tierra de Letras - Una revista que tiene la singular elegancia de mantenernos informados de tendencias,
noticias, y otras hermosas galas de la literatura
- TypeIt in Spanish - allows you to type a text in Spanish with accents then copy and paste onto a word
- Radio Televisión Española - for live television, radio, programme details, etc. To view live television on
your computer, click TVE en Directo on the left hand menu, or listen to live radio
at RNE en Directo (Each offers you the choice of using Windows Media Player OR RealPlayer)
- Cervantes TV - Contains Spanish language videos of interviews with literary and political figures,
the arts, documentaries and more.
- La prensa y radio en español por países - la más completa relación de diarios y radios en español existente actualmente
en la Internet [Select your country of interest]
- CNN en español - Audio and video in Spanish
- Euronews en español - Play clips of the latest international news in Spanish, also with the Spanish
- More Spanish and Latin American TV stations: antena3, telecinco and cuatro(Spain), tvn (Chile), tvpublica (Argentina), tvazteca (Mexico)
- Newspapers: El pais (international), El mundo and 20minutos (Spain), La nacion (Argentina), La nacion (Chile), El pais (Uruguay), El universal (Mexico)
- Diccionarios.com - Find definitions, synonyms, and antonyms or even a translation of a word all on
the same page! A great help with assignments!
- Diccionarios Especializados y glosarios en varios idiomas - For the more specialised linguist, you will find most terminologies here, ranging
from the olive oil industry to plastic surgery and seismology...
- Spanish Wikipedia - A free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, with a range of articles about almost
- EGrupos de discusión sobre la lengua española
- Terra.com is a major creator of portals for many Latin American countries, acquiring and adapting
local content into a standard format
- LANIC - centro de recursos para el estudio de la plurivalente América Latina
** Links obtained from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand **