Medieval & Renaissance Studies Center
Fall 2017 Classes
- ARTH 5305 - Topics in Art History: The Art & Architecture of Islam, 6th-16th Centuries
(Janis Elliott), Wednesday, 12:00-2:50pm. [Prerequisite: consent of instructor. Contact email@example.com.]
- ENGL 5302 - The Many Tongues of Middle English Language: Translating Middle English
Literature (Julie Nelson Couch), Tuesday, 2:00-4:50 pm. [No prerequisites. To register,
email Dr. Julie Nelson Couch or Dr. Kanika Batra.]
- ENGL 5306 - Live Free or Die: Milton, Hobbes, and the Foundations of Modern Liberty
(Ryan Hackenbracht), Thursday, 9:30am-12:20pm. [To register, email Dr. Ryan Hackenbracht or Dr. Kanika Batra.]
- HIST 5342 - Successes and Failures of the Reformation: Recent Approaches to the History
of Religion in Sixteenth Century Europe (Jacob Baum), Thursday, 3:00pm-5:50pm
- HIST 5366 - Studies in Religious History [Medieval Church] (John Howe), Monday, 7:00pm-9:50pm
- MUHL 5331 - Medieval Music Seminar (Angela Mariani), Tuesday-Thursday, 2:00pm-3:20pm.
[To register, email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org; for further information, Angelamariani.email@example.com. Note: course may be listed under the instructor name "Smith" (Angela Mariani Smith).
No pre-requisites. Open to non-musicians, although a basic knowledge of musical notes
and terminology will be helpful.]
Summer 2017 Classes
- ARTH 5320 - Medieval Art of Europe (Janis Elliott), Study Abroad in Italy, Summer
I (4 June - 7 July 2017)
Spring 2017 Classes
- ARTH 5340 - Renaissance Art: Renaissance Venice: Sacred, Secular, Spectacular (Brian
Steele), Tuesday/Thursday, 9:30-10:50
- ENGL 5303 - Studies in Medieval British Literature: Beowulf (Brian McFadden), Wednesday,
2:00-4:50. To enroll, students must have completed ENGL 5301.
- HIST 5347 - Studies in British History (Abigail Swingen), Wednesday, 3:00-5:50
- HIST 5349 - Studies in Early Modern European History (Stefano D'Amico), Tuesday, 3:00-5:50
- MRST 5301 - Methods in Medieval and Renaissance Studies (John Howe), Tuesday, 6:00-8:50
- MUHL 5322 - Introduction to Early Music Performance Practice (Angela Mariani Smith),
- SPAN 5370 - Colonial Latin America: The Women of Colonial Latin America (Sara V. Guengerich),
Monday, 2:00-4:50. Taught in Spanish, so to enroll students must have at least an
intermediate oral Spanish proficiency.