Dr. Raychel Vasseur
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Education: PhD, University of Iowa, 2018
Areas of Research
- Study abroad as a context for L2 learning
- L2 oral proficiency development
- L2 Willingness to communicate
- The development of intercultural (communicative) competence
- The implementation and use of web 2.0 tools in L2 learning
- Outcomes assessment & program evaluation
Courses Commonly Taught
- Theoretical and Research Foundations of Second Language Teaching
- Studies in Spanish: Second Language Acquisition
- Intercultural competence and second language acquisition
- Spanish Skills: Speaking
- A beginning course in Spanish (I & II)
- Comprehensive Spanish Review
- A second course in Spanish (I & II)
Peer Reviewed Publications
- El mayor premio es compartirlo. Foreign Languages and Literature in the Everyday (http://fllite.org). COERLL. University of Texas at Austin. 2017.
- Utilizing Willingness to Communicate Activities for the Development of Intercultural Competence. NECTFL Review. 2017. (Refereed)
- Designing Embedded Outcomes Assessment for Spanish Majors: Literary Interpretation and Analysis. In J. Norris & N. Mills. (Eds.), Innovation and Accountability in Foreign Language Program Evaluation (pp. 83–109). Boston, MA: Cengage (with Judith E. Liskin-Gasparro). 2014. (Refereed)
- Review of Social and Cultural Aspects of Language Learning in Study Abroad. Modern Language Journal, 98, 1052–1053. (with Judith E. Liskin-Gasparro). 2014.
- Review of ¡Dímelo tú!: A Complete Course. NECTFL Review, 67, 122–124. 2011.