Scholarships and Resources
There are many opportunities for scholarships and we encourage all students to apply early. In some cases, students may be able to receive multiple scholarships which can be applied to offset tuition and living expenses. If you choose to go on an affiliated program remember to check see if your provider offers scholarships specific to your program.
*Must be Pell Grant eligible
Students eligible for financial aid may receive funding to pay for approved programs.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. By listing Texas Tech's Federal School Code (003644) on the application, students are applying for all federal and state aid programs.
- Students wishing to discuss financial aid options with a Study Abroad Financial Aid Advisor should go to the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in West Hall 301.
- If the financial aid awarded does not cover the program cost, students may want to apply for an Alternative or Parent PLUS loan.
- Students should check with the Financial Aid Study Abroad Advisor before leaving for their program to verify that loan(s) will be received via EFT.
- The financial aid award may be disbursed five days prior to the beginning of the study abroad program. All tuition and fees must be paid before students can receive a refund.
- For summer programs, a separate application for financial aid should be submitted online at the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships web site.
- The financial aid application process should be completed at least eight weeks before departure in order to receive funds in a timely manner.
Students must be enrolled through Texas Tech University for 12 hours or more to be eligible to receive financial aid for any semester or six hours for the summer.
Students with Disabilities
- State Department Students Abroad Website
- Students Abroad Handbook
- Study Abroad Links
- Students Abroad
- CIA World Factbook
- Embassy Database
- Country Codes
- World Info Zone