Fluor International Engineering Program
How to Pay for Study Abroad
There are several scholarships that students may use to help off-set their study abroad expenses. Texas Tech offers the Study Abroad Competitive Scholarships for students participating in approved Texas Tech Study Abroad programs. Many of the same sources of financial aid that pay for studying at your home institution can be tapped for studying abroad, including the federal and state governments, foundations, and private and public organizations. Students eligible for financial aid may receive funding to pay for approved programs.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. By listing Texas Tech’s Federal School code (003644) on the application, students are applying for all federal and state aid programs.
- Students wishing to discuss financial aid options with a Study Abroad Financial Aid Advisor should go to the Office of Financial Aid between the hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm in West Hall 301.
- If the financial aid awarded does not cover the program cost, students may want to apply for an Alternative or Parent PLUS loan. All Stafford and PLUS borrowers must complete the loan application process through an online method called LOANS BY WEB (LBW).
- Students should check with the Financial Aid Study Abroad Advisor before leaving for their program to verify that loan(s) will be received via EFT.
- The financial aid award may be disbursed five days prior to the beginning of the study abroad program. All tuition and fees must be paid before students can receive a refund.
- For summer programs, a separate application for financial aid should be submitted online at the Office of Financial Aid web site.
The financial aid application process should be completed at least 8 weeks before departure in order to receive funds in a timely manner.
Students must be enrolled through Texas Tech University for 12 hours or more to be eligible to receive financial aid for any semester or six hours for the summer.
Find out more about the Study Abroad Completive Scholarships (SACS) at www.studyabroad.ttu.edu
Financial Aid information and applications can be accessed at www.fina.ttu.edu