Engineering students with internet access can use specialized engineering software from any location through the college's Cloud Computing initiative.
How to Connect
If you are off campus, you will need to connect to TTUnet VPN. Instructions can be found at:
- Access the Cloud Computing Citrix Receiver at http://challenger.coe.ttu.edu/citrix/WhitacreCOEWeb
- The first time you visit the site, you will be asked if you want to Install the Citrix Receiver. Agree to the install, and allow the software to install. The prompt to install the software may be delayed while the site checks to see if you already have the software installed.
- After the Citrix Receiver is installed, you will need to click the link that says "Logon"
- In the domain\username field, type in TTU\your eRaider username, in the password field type in your eRaider password.
- You may receive a security warning(s) from your web browser. Please accept any of these prompts and click yes if it asks you to allow the software to interact with the website.
- You will get a prompt that says adding, removing and repositioning apps will not be saved. User preferences are not currently saved on logout. You will still be able to save files back to your local computer that you work on.
- Click the Apps List icon on the left had side of the window under the home shaped icon. The slide out menu will appear. Under All Apps, choose the application that you would like to run. It will move the icon to the main window.
- Click the icon for the app you want to run and accept any security warnings that pop
up. You will see a dialogue that the app is starting, and you will be prompted to
accept Texas Tech University's Acceptable Use Policy (This is the same prompt you
see before you log in on the computer labs).
- Your app will appear in its own window, and should now behave like it does in the lab.
- When you save you files, be sure to save the files back to a resource connected to your computer. In the save dialogue box this usually appears Under Computer as "Other" locations. If you do save a file onto the server, please contact Engineering Computing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you recover your files. You should be able to save and open files from this dialogue box using this method.
- When you are finished working, be sure to click the Log Off link in the Citrix Receiver Window.
Please provide feedback to email@example.com. Any issues that you encounter should be documented, as well as performance perceptions additional functions or software that you would like to see added to this system. Because of license restrictions, not all of the software used in engineering can be placed in this environment. We will evaluate each and every request for a piece of software to be added to remote access, but the time to rollout the software may be delayed while licensing issues are negotiated with our software vendors.
- Aspen Hysys