Becoming a Red Raider
We’re excited about new students coming to study and work at the Whitacre College
of Engineering. However, in order to join the Texas Tech family, we need you to complete
a few tasks:
- Study and take the GRE
- Take in advance in case there is a need to retake the exam
- Allow a month to six weeks prior to any application deadline to ensure results are
available to schools
- Complete an Application
- Applications are filled out online at http://www.applytexas.org/ There is a $60 initial application fee, plus $50 for each subsequent application
(including changes of entry date, add/change program, or readmission). Application
fees may be paid via ApplyTexas at the time of application submission.
- Along with the application, every student should make sure they submit to the Texas
Tech Graduate School:
- An official transcript
- Entrance exam scores (i.e. GRE)
- Three (3) letters of reference on letterhead
- Contact your department advisor to ensure that you complete all departmental requirements.
- Other Texas Tech requirements for international students as well as specific deadlines
can be found at the Texas Tech Graduate Admission page.
After you’ve applied, you can check the status of your application.