Prospective Graduate Students
Becoming a Red Raider
We’re excited about new students coming to study and work at the Whitacre College of Engineering. However, in order to join the Texas Tech family, we need you to complete a few tasks:
- Study and take the GRE
- Take in advance in case there is a need to retake the exam
- Allow a month to six weeks prior to any application deadline to ensure results are available to schools
- Complete an Application
- Applications are filled out online at http://www.applytexas.org/ The application fee is $100.
- Along with the application, every student should make sure they submit to the Texas Tech Graduate School:
- Additional Materials:
- Three letters of recommendation on letterhead
- Statement of purpose
***Check with your specific department to verify where they would like these materials sent.
After you’ve applied, you can check the status of your application.