The Whitacre College of Engineering, (WCOE) students have an incredible opportunity
to do research as part of their studies at Texas Tech University. Externally funded
research provides graduate education support and allows faculty to stay at the cutting
edge of science and technology. Research activity in the WCOE continues to grow along
with the college's reputation as a leading research institution.
Texas Tech University was recently listed among the nation's top doctoral universities in the latest Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Of the 115 universities listed in the Highest Research Activity category, Texas Tech is one of 81 public institutions in the top tier.
• New Faculty Grants
• Texas Opportunities
• Welch Foundation (Due January of each year)
• Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas
• The Southern Plains Transportation Center
• Texas Department of Transportation
• Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
• Texas E Grants