Requisition Number 11740BR
The College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University is seeking a full-time Academic Advisor. The Academic Advisor will be responsible to assist with covering the following essential duties:
- Counsel students to help them understand and overcome personal, social or behavioral problems affective their educational situations in order to move them toward a timely graduation
- Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur
- Identify cases of problems and issues and encourage students to seek additional assistance from university support resources
- Present workshops/seminars about academic success strategies, personal development issues, graduation information and other relevant work topics
- Assist Advisers and Director with the university's Graduate on Time program by servicing as an audit specialist and overflow advisor as needed
- Assist Director with EAB program, calling campaigns and FTIC students
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by SACSCOC, the state of Texas, Texas Tech University and the College of Media & Communication
- Communicate with Director, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs and Dean as needed with regard to possible student concerns
- Attend university functions related to the College
- Other duties as assigned
- M.A. in Counseling, Higher Education or related field
- LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
- A background in teaching, advising or working in educational setting with students
- Cognos and Banner system training.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should apply on-line at http://careers.texastech.edu. The Requisition Number for this position is 11740BR.
The search committee is chaired by Dr. Todd Chambers Associate Dean of Undergraduate Affairs, College of Media & Communication. Questions may be addressed to him at email@example.com. For more information about the College, see our web site at www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Texas Tech University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university welcomes applications from minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409