Welcome Alumni! This page is designed to help you keep track of what is going on with the College of Media & Communication (formerly the College of Mass Communications) at Texas Tech University.
We are interested in what you would like to see on this page or on our web site. Please provide your suggestions or comments through our Alumni News and Feedback Form.
From this page you may wish to visit:
- Alumni Updates
- Converging News
- Hall of Fame
- MC Online
- Outstanding Alumni
- Pioneers of the TAB
- Wendell Mays Jr. award-winning editorial one & two.
For the MC:
- Attend the first Brown Bach Lunch Presentation of the fall on Sept. 16 in COMC 156 from noon to 1 p.m. for a "Parade" of New Research "Pageants". Drs. Kristi Gilmore, Lea Hellmueller, Justin Keene, Andy King, Sun Lee, and Eric Rasmussen will discuss their research interests and agendas. Bring your lunch and join the conversation!
- Assistant Professor of advertising, Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D., and May 2013 graduate Patrick Merle, Ph.D., were elected as executive board members of the Communication Theory and Methodology Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Gotlieb and Merle will respectively serve as newsletter editor and membership coordinator for the next two years.
- Director of Communications for The Independent BankersBank (TIB) Greg Todd graduated from Texas Tech in 1987 with a degree in public relations. TIB entered their 2012 Annual Report in the 2012 Vision Awards, the largest annual report contest. The report was chosen from 6,000 entries from 25 countries to receive the Platinum Award. The award is the contest’s highest honor and goes to the top 100 reports. TIB ranked 59th overall. They ranked 14th in America and earned the top spot for commercial banking.
- Congratulations to The Raider 88.1 KTXT-FM for a successful eight-year license renewal from the FCC. We look forward to listening for years to come!
- We are proud to announce Dr. David Perlmutter, director of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Iowa, as the new dean of the College of Media & Communication! We are excited to welcome him to Texas Tech and our college on July 1, 2013!