- Communication in Relationships (COMS 3333)
- Communication Theory (COMS 3301)
- Small Group Communication (COMS 3353)
- Business and Professional Communication (COMS 2358)
- Graduate Quantitative Research Methods (COMS 5305)
- Schrodt, P., & Shimkowski, J. R., (in press). Family communication patterns and perceptions of coparental communication. Communication Reports.
- Schrodt, P., Witt, P. L., & Shimkowski, J. R. (2014). A meta-analytical review of demand/withdraw patterns and their associations with relational and personal well-being, Communication Monographs.
- Schrodt, P., & Shimkowski, J. R. (2013). Feeling caught as a mediator of coparental communication and young adult children's mental health and relational satisfaction with parents. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 30, 977-999.
- Shimkowski, J. R., & Schrodt, P. (2012). Coparental communication as a mediator of interparental conflict and young adult children's mental well-being. Communication Monographs, 79, 48-71.
- Finn, A. N., Shimkowski, J., O'Shaughnessy, C., & Heine, M. (2011). Verbally aggressive email messages: Examining the impact on student motivation and affect for the instructor and course. Texas Speech Communication Journal, 36, 43-57.
- Schrodt, P., Witt, P. L., & Shimkowski, J. R. (June 16, 2014). For the article by E. Bernstein, “How and why to ban the silent treatment from your relationship”. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from http://online.wsj.com/articles/how-and-why-to-ban-the-silent-treatment-from-your-relationship-1402958807
- Assistant to the Director of Undergraduates, Department of Communication Studies, University of Denver (August 2013 – June 2014)
- Vice President, Communication Studies Graduate Student Organization, University of Denver (June 2012 – June 2013)
- First-Year Representative, Communication Studies Graduate Student Organization, University of Denver (January 2012 – June 2012)
- Assistant to the Basic Course Director, Department of Communication Studies, Texas Christian University (July 2010 – December 2010)
Top Paper Awards
- Top Three Paper, Family Communication Division, Central States Communication Association,2016
- Top Paper, Interpersonal Communication Division, National Communication Association, 2013
- Top Four Paper, Family Communication Division, National Communication Association, 2012
Awards and Honors
- University of Denver AHSS Divisional Dissertation Fellow (2014-2015)
- Selectively chosen to attend Rutgers University's Invitational Masters Student Institute (2010)
- UNT Communication Studies Department Outstanding Senior Award (2008)
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409