Marjorie M. Buckner
View Full CV
- COMS 3351: Communication in Instruction and Training
- COMS 3355: Communication in Organizations
- COMS 3359: Interviewing
Dr. Buckner conducts research examining organizational communication and instructional communication. Her primary research interest explores expressed dissent in workplace and educational contexts. Other interests include leadership, followership, and assimilation, as well as instructor and student behaviors related to learning.
Dr. Buckner has published in a variety of peer-reviewed journals including Communication Studies, Communication Education, Computers in Human Behavior, Journal of Health Communication, Journal of Family Communication, and Communication Teacher. Additionally, she co-authored a book chapter on healthcare teams and medical interpreters. With regards to teaching, Dr. Buckner taught a variety of classes as a doctoral student at the University of Kentucky including Communication and Composition, Interpersonal Communication, Small Group Communication, Organizational Communication, Negotiation, and Communication Theory. During her Masters degree at Texas Christian University, she served as an Assistant Basic Course Director and lab instructor for the Basic Speech Communication course.
- 2015 University of Kentucky College of Education Teacher Who Made A Difference
- 2014 International Communication Association Instructional and Developmental Division Outstanding Thesis Award
- Limperos, A. M., Buckner, M. M., Kaufmann, R., & Frisby, B. N. (2015). Online teaching and technological affordances: An experimental investigation of the impact of modality and clarity on perceived and actual learning. Computers & Education, 83, 1-9. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2014.12.015
- Buckner, M. M., & Frisby, B. N. (2015). Feeling valued matters: An examination of instructor confirmation and instructional dissent. Communication Studies, 66, 398-413. doi:10.1080/10510974.2015.1024873
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409