Steps to apply to the M.A. or Ph.D. Program
Checklist for application for admission
- Complete the Texas Tech University Graduate School application available online at www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool. Submit that application to the graduate school
- Take the Graduate Record Exam and have your scores submitted to the Graduate School. Information on the GRE is available at www.gre.org
- Have transcripts sent to the Graduate School.
[Texas Tech students do not need to do this]
- Write a personal statement
- Request letters of recommendation
- Submit the College of Media & Communication application, the personal statement and the letters of recommendation to the College of Media & Communication.
Checklist for application for
scholarship and/or assistantship
- Apply for work-study if you want to be considered for an assistantship. Application forms are available from the College of Media & Communication.
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid. See www.fina.ttu.edu