- M.A. in Social Communication Sciences , Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran, Iran, 2010
- B.S. in Computer Engineering (Software), Payam-e- Noor University, Karaj, Iran, 2009
- B.A. in English News Translation, School of Media Studies, Tehran, Iran, 2007
Courses Taught / Research Duties
- Instructor of Record for International Electronic Media EMC 3358 002
- Research assistant with Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication
- Teacher assistant for EMC 3355, COMC 1300, Photo 2310, and ADV 4301
- Political communication, international communication, cross-national and cross-cultural analyses, depictions of countries, ethnicities, and political and social figures especially in the Middle East made by media particularly the U.S. media, and online social networking and its impacts on social movements
- Translator/interpreter at the Australian Embassy in Tehran, Iran: Translated economic news from newspapers and websites from Persian to English, provided economic reports about unemployment rate, exports and imports and inflation rate, interpreted in meetings from July 2010-July 2011.
- Translator in Donyay-e-Eghtesad Newspaper (Monthly Appendix) in Tehran, Iran: Translated economic articles from Dec. 2008-May 2009.
- Interpreter and journalist in the first meeting of the mayors of Asian capitals and metropolises in Tehran, Iran: Interviewed mayors of capitals of Asian countries and provided a report in Nov. 2008.
- Translator in UNA (United Nations Association) in Tehran, Iran: Translated newsletters and reports from English to Persian from Feb-June 2007.
- Interpreter in OANA (Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies) Conference in Tehran, Iran: Interpreted for representatives of news agencies in the conference in Nov. 2006.
- 2013- Helen DeVitt Jones Graduate Fellowship for the College of Media & Communication
- 2013- Nominated for the President’s Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award
- 2013- Academic Freedom Scholarship allocated by the Texas Tech Faculty Legal Action Association
- 2013- Dingus Scholarship
- 2012- Helen DeVitt Jones Graduate Fellowship for the College of Media & Communication
- 2012 - Dingus Scholarship
- 2011 - College of Mass Communications Graduate Tuition Scholarship
- Merle, P., El-Khoury, J., & Rahimi, M. (in press). Revolution 2.0: Deciphering a cross-national newspaper discourse. Southwestern Mass Communication Journal.
- Rahimi, M., & Forghani, M.M. (2010). Image of Iran in US Press, content analysis of TIME and NEWSWEEK magazines in Iranian seventh and ninth presidential terms. Cultural and Communication Studies Quarterly, 19, 137-160.
- Book Chapter
Gardner, L., Wilkinson, K. T., Merle, P. F., Luo, Y., Rahimi, M., Cui, B., Rybalko, S., & VanDyke, M. (Forthcoming). Press coverage of the 2012 U.S. presidential election: A multinational, cross-language comparison. In Christof Bieber & Klaus Kamps (Ed.), The United States presidential election 2012: Perspectives from election studies, political and communication studies. Berlin: Springer VS.
- Book Review
Rahimi, M, (2009). Action Research. Social Science Monthly Review: Iranian Book Review and Information Journal, 13, pp. 66-67.
Rahimi, M, (2009). Application of Computer in Human and Social Science. Social Science Monthly Review: Iranian Book Review and Information Journal, 12, pp. 8-9.
Rahimi, M, (2008). Music-Media. Social Science Monthly Review: Iranian Book Review and Information Journal, 12, pp. 32-35.
- Gearhart, S., Rahimi, M., Merle, P., Craig, C., Vandyke, M., & Brooks, M. E. (2013, May). A revolution in survey research?: A bibliometric review of public opinion studies, presented at the 66th annual conference of the World Association for Public Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Merle, P., Gearhart, S., Craig, C., Vandyke, M., Brooks, M. E., & Rahimi, M. (2013, May). Computers, tablets, & smart phones: The truth about web-based surveys, presented at the 66th annual conference of the World Association for Public Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Rahimi, M., & Stoker, K. (2013, March). John W. White’s efforts to change the U.S. policy toward Argentina: An analysis of depiction of fascism penetration in Argentina in the New York Times newspaper during 1930s and 1940s, presented at 2013 Joint Journalism and Communication History Conference (The American Journalism Historians Association and the AEJMC History Division joint spring meeting) at New York University, New York, NY.
- Rahimi, M. (2012, November). Is Turkey a peacemaker in the Middle East?, content analysis of Guardian, New York Times, and Hurriyet Daily News during the “Friends of Syria” conference in Turkey, presented at the Fourth Annual International Research Conference for Graduate Students at Texas State University, San Marcos, TX.
- Rahimi, M. (2012, October). Coverage of the 2012 U.S. primary election in the Middle East media: An analysis of Al Arabiya and Al Jazeera English news websites, presented at the Global Fusion 2012 at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. Also, presented at the Twelfth Annual Graduate Student Research Poster Competition at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- Merle, P., El Khoury, J., & Rahimi, M. (2012, March). @Revolution 2.0: A cross-national analysis of social media’s salience during the Egypt unrests, presented at the AEJMC Midwinter Conference at Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
- Rahimi, M. (2011, November). News coverage of Arab spring revolution in American major newspapers, content analysis of The New York Times and The Washington Post during the uprising of Egyptians against Hosni Mobarak, presented at the 3rd Annual International Research Conference for Graduate Students at Texas State University, San Marcos, TX. Also, presented at the Eleventh Annual Graduate Student Research Poster Competition at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- Rahimi, M. (2011, November). Usage of modern media by 2011 U.S. presidential candidates, presented at the 3rd Annual International Research Conference for Graduate Students at Texas State University, San Marcos, TX.