Mission: Connecting with Community
Mr. Robert Montemayor
IHIC-affiliated faculty and students understand that thoughtful academic endeavors may benefit individuals and communities. We encourage service to the community through:
- Active involvement in university efforts to recruit and retain Hispanic students who will become community leaders.
- Participation in community outreach events such as back-to-school fairs, education summits sponsored by the Texas Tech and community organizations.
- Offering public lectures and film series, such as the Global Lens series every spring semester.
- Involvement in research in applied areas such as health communication.
- Sharing expertise with local and regional community organizations.