Mission: Advancing Academics
The IHIC’s principal mission is supporting education and research, which we pursue by:
Study Abroad: Seville, 2010
- Developing and offering Hispanic-related, intercultural and international communication courses at Texas Tech.
- Supporting Hispanic-related and international communication research at Texas Tech through outreach, collaborations and grant writing.
- Identifying pertinent research on Hispanic and international communication.
- Funding lectures, conferences, media screenings, and other events relevant to the goals and objectives of the Institute.
- Collaboration with researchers in other academic departments of Texas Tech University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
- Active involvement in university efforts to recruit and retain Hispanic and international students pursuing Media and Communication degrees.
- Facilitating international exchange of faculty and students.