The following whitepapers were written by College of Media & Communication professional master’s students. These whitepapers present key findings from select professional master’s student capstone projects related to social, online, and mobile media.
- The US Department of State’s Social Media Use Pre- and Post-Benghazi Attack [ view whitepaper ]
- Social Media Use by College Students: Implications for Social Capital [ view whitepaper ]
The following case studies were developed by the Outpost social media lab and College of Media & Communication students.
- Vol. 1, Issue 1. Reaching Audiences Conference [ view case study ]
- Vol. 1, Issue 2. Relay for Life at TTU [ view case study ]
Faculty and Graduate Student Research
View a list of academic research published by TTU College of Media & Communication faculty and graduate students.
The Outpost spoke with recent alumni, faculty and staff members, and media professionals to help provide resources and advice for individuals looking to work with social media.
- Q&A with Xia Coleman, Event Marketing Intern, San Francisco 49ers
Nov. 3, 2013
- Q&A with April Cunningham, Video Specialist, Dallas Market Center
Oct. 23, 2013
- Q&A with Sydney Holmes, Public Relations Coordinator, TOWN Residential, New York City
Oct. 11, 2013
- Q&A with Samuel Moore, Brand Planner, The Richards Group
Sept. 24, 2013
- Q&A with Sara Krueger, Communications Coordinator, OCI Solar Power LLC
Sept. 10, 2013
- Q&A with Melanie Cornell, Social Media Community Manager, JCPenney
Sept. 4, 2013
- Q&A with Christa Cassata, Digital Copywriter, Stage Stores
Aug. 26, 2013
- Q&A with Becca Jacoby, Account Executive, Weber Shandwick
Aug. 14, 2013
- Q&A with Caroline Trujillo, Assistant Account Executive, FleishmanHillard
Aug. 5, 2013