Journalism and Electronic Media
Hover over each photo to find out more about each person
- "Seriously Social: Young Adults, Social Media and News" by Kelly Kaufhold, Ph.D., has been accepted for publication in the International Journal of Interactive Communication Systems and Technologies. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Kelly Kaufhold, Ph.D.! His manuscript, "Old Dogs, New Tricks: Online News Uses New Tools but Attracts the Same Eyeballs," has been accepted for publication in Newspaper Research Journal in fall 2014.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kelly Kaufhold! His paper, "You Can Fix Stupid: An Experimental Game to Teach a Need for News," was selected as the Top Paper at this summer's annual Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication conference in Washington, D.C.
- Kaufhold, K. (2013, August). Seriously Social: Young Adults, Social Media and News, to be presented to the Communication Technology division at the August national conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication in Washington, D.C.
- Congratulations to Dr. Luo and co-author Dr. Hongzhong Zhang from Beijing Normal University in China! Her paper "Web Credibility in China: Is the Internet More Credible Than Traditional News Sources?" has been selected as best paper for the International Communication Division at the 2013 AEJMC midwinter conference.
- Mr. Justin Keene will join the college faculty on September 1, 2013, as an assistant professor in the Department of Journalism and Electronic Media. Mr. Keene is completing his Ph.D. at Indiana University. He earned his B.A. and M.A. at Texas Tech University.
- Congratulations to The Raider 88.1 KTXT-FM for a successful eight-year license renewal from the FCC. We look forward to listening for years to come!
- Chambers, B. & Peaslee, R.M. Reading Twilight: Fandom, romance, and gender in the age of Bella. In Bucciferro, C., ed. The Twilight Saga: Exploring the Global Phenomenon. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press. In press.
- Don't miss the Texas Tech Association of Student Electronic Media Showcase tonight at 6 p.m. in CoMC Room 365. Students will showcase photography, video and other projects.
- Don't forget to check out 'The Llano Estacado: Photography of West Texas' today from 4 to 6 p.m. in the 3rd Floor Student Lounge! Photos are by students in Kippra Hopper's PHOTO 4300 class.
- Congratulations to Dr. Glenn Cummins for being awarded an Outstanding Researcher award!
- Please join us in Dr. Peaslee's brown bag talk titled, "Media Conduction: Exploring Power at the Intersection of Media, Tourism, and Festival Studies," April 15 from Noon to 1 p.m. in COMC 156.