HIHIC Publications and Creative Work
- Hellmueller, L. (2014). The Washington, DC Media Corps in the 21st Century: The Source-Correspondent
Relationship, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Patel, S., Shafer, A. Bulik, C.M., Brown, J.D., and Zucker, N.L. (2014). Parents of
children with eating disorders: Developing theory-based health communication messages
to promote caregiver wellbeing. Journal of Health Communication.
- Wigley, S.,and Zhang, W. (in press), Does planning and practice Make Perfect? A study
of communication culture, autonomy and PR practitioners’ confidence in handling crises.
Public Relations Journal.
- Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Spanish-language and Latino/a-oriented television. In P.
M. Montilla (Ed.) Latinos and American Popular Culture. (pp. 49-68). Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio.
- Gardner, L., Wilkinson, K. T., Merle, P. F., Luo, Y., Rahimi, M., Cui, B., Rybalko,
S. & Van Dyke, M. (Forthcoming). Press coverage of the 2012 U.S. presidential election:
A multinational, cross-language comparison. In C. Bieber & K. Kamps (Ed.), The United States Presidential Election 2012: Perspectives from Election Studies,
Political and Communication Studies. Berlin: Springer VS.
- Wilkinson, K. T. & Merle, P. F. (2013). The merits and challenges of using business
press and trade journal reports in academic research on media industries. Communication, Culture & Critique, 6, 415-431.
- Heuman, A. N., Scholl, J. C. & Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Rural Hispanic populations
at risk in developing diabetes: Sociocultural and familial challenges in promoting
a healthy diet. Health Communication, 28 (3), 260-273.
- Merle, P., El-Khoury, J., & Rahimi, M. (2013). Revolution 2.0: Deciphering a cross-national
newspaper discourse. Southwestern Mass Communication Journal.
- Heuman, A.N., Scholl, J.C. & Wilkinson, K. T. (2013). Rural Hispanic populations at
risk in developing diabetes: Sociocultural and familial challenges in promoting a
healthy diet. Health Communication, 28 (3), 260-274.
- Wilkinson, K. T. & Saragoza, A. M. (Univ. of California at Berkeley). Cuando potencias
hegemónicas riñen: "Televisa vs. Univision" Communications vista a través de una lente
de gestión de medios. (“When hegemons quarrel: Televisa vs. Univision Communications
viewed through a media management lens.”) Global Media Journal Mexico 9, no. 18 (Fall 2012) pp. 16-34.
- Gearhart, S., Merle, P., Craig, C., Vandyke, M., Rahimi, M., & Brooks, M. E. (2013,
May). A revolution in survey research?: A bibliometric review of public opinion studies
between 2000 and 2012. Paper to be presented at the 66th annual conference of the
World Association for Public Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Merle, P., Gearhart, S., Craig, C., Rahimi, M., Brooks, M. E., & Vandyke, M. (2013,
May). Computers, tablets, & smart phones: The truth about web-based surveys. Paper
to be presented at the 66th annual conference of the World Association for Public
Opinion Research, Boston, MA.
- Rahimi, M., & Stoker, K. (2013, March). John W. White’s efforts to change the U.S.
policy toward Argentina: An analysis of depiction of fascism penetration in Argentina
in the New York Times newspaper during 1930s and 1940s. Paper to be presented at 2013
Joint Journalism and Communication History Conference (The American Journalism Historians
Association and the AEJMC History Division joint spring meeting) at New York University,
New York, NY.