Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer students can receive scholarships based on need, major, leadership, merit,
GPA, number of transferable hours, or a combination of all of these criteria. These
scholarships may be offered by Texas Tech colleges or departments.
The deadline for submitting the Entering Transfer Scholarship application for next Fall is March 1, and for Spring is November 15.
ApplyTexas is available for students entering Texas Tech University from another college (either a four year university or a community college). Complete your admissions application and click the "apply for scholarships" button within the ApplyTexas admissions application. For complete instructions on how to apply, click here.
Selection of Recipients
Once the general scholarship application is completed by the required deadline, the recipients are selected by the College of Media & Communication scholarship committee. It is important to note that while academics are considered in scholarship awarding, it is only one of the criteria used in the selection of scholarship recipients. The scholarship committee considers various factors, when making award decisions, such as scholastic achievement, community involvement, standardized test scores, and financial need.
Submit your FAFSA
Even if you don't think you'll qualify for need-based aid, it is a good idea to apply
for all types of aid by completing the FAFSA. Some scholarship awards strongly consider
the information submitted on your FAFSA.
Note: Be sure to complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov in addition to your scholarship application to be considered for need-based scholarships. Preference date: February 15 for fall entry students and November 15 for spring entry students.
Apply for Outside Source Scholarships
You should also look for scholarship opportunities beyond Texas Tech University. These scholarships are not controlled or awarded by the university, but by the donors themselves. The money is awarded by third party donors and then sent to Texas Tech to be disbursed. More information on how to apply for these scholarships can be found at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/students/scholarships/database.php
You should never pay someone to help you find scholarships. The university offers ample information and links to helpful free sites that may assist you in locating scholarships.
- Search the Media & Communication Scholarships Database
- Investigate Texas Tech Scholarships
- Review specific Scholarship Opportunities
How to apply:
- Go to applytexas.org and create an account
- Go to "My Applications"
- Click "Create a New Application Now"
- Click "Create a New 4 Year University Admission Application"
- Select Texas Tech University as your target university
- Select application type
- Select "Semester of Entry"
- Click "Continue"
- Please note the text in the blue box: "Priority deadline is February 1st for entering freshmen, March 1st for Fall transfers, and November 15th for spring transfers." These dates also serve as the Scholarship deadlines
- Select first and second choice of schools
- Select first and second choice of majors
- Click "Continue"
- Please note the scholarship application deadline on the checklist
- Click "Continue to My Application"
- Complete the admissions pages
- Begin the scholarship pages
- After the statement "You haven't yet started the process of applying for scholarships. Would you like to apply for scholarships?" Click the "Apply for scholarships" button
- Complete the scholarship application
- Continue to the essay section and complete
- Complete the certification and payment information. Be sure to check the scholarship section certificaton box
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409