M.A. Allameh Tabataba'i Univ., Tehran, Iran, 2010
- Political communication, international communication, cross-national and cross-cultural analyses, depictions of countries, ethnicities, and political and social figures especially in the Middle East made by media particularly the U.S. media, and online social networking and its impacts on social movements
- Find out more about Mehrnaz's research
- Translator/interpreter at the Australian Embassy in Tehran, Iran: Translated economic news from newspapers and websites from Persian to English, provided economic reports about unemployment rate, exports and imports and inflation rate, interpreted in meetings from July 2010-July2011.
- Translator in Donyay-e-Eghtesad Newspaper (Monthly Appendix) in Tehran, Iran: Translated economic articles from Dec. 2008-May 2009.
- Interpreter and journalist in the first meeting of the mayors of Asian capitals and metropolises in Tehran, Iran: Interviewed mayors of capitals of Asian countries and provided a report in Nov. 2008.
- Translator in UNA (United Nations Association) in Tehran, Iran: Translated newsletters and reports from English to Persian from Feb-June 2007.
- Interpreter in OANA (Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies) Conference in Tehran, Iran: Interpreted for representatives of news agencies in the conference in Nov. 2006.
Leadership / awards:
- 2013 - Helen DeVitt Jones Graduate Fellowship for the College of Media & Communication
- 2013 - Nominated for the President's Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award
- 2013 - Academic Freedom Scholarship allocated by the Texas Tech Faculty Legal Action Association
- 2013 - Dingus Scholarship
- 2012 - Helen DeVitt Jones Graduate Fellowship for the College of Media & Communication
- 2012 - Dingus Scholarship
- 2011 - College of Mass Communications Graduate Tuition Scholarship