Assistant Professor, Public Relations
Ph.D. Syracuse University
|Classes Taught: |
- Public Relations Writing
- Advanced Public Relations Writing
- Media Relations for the PR Professional
- Public Relations Campaigns
- Crisis Communications
- Her research interests are in the areas of crisis communication and corporate reputation, as well as the evolution of public relations. Currently, she is researching the role of Schadenfreude as an emotional frame for stakeholders during organizational crisis and working on a project to examine the role public relations students think technology will play in the their roles as future crisis communicators.
- Dr. Gilmore has 20 years of practical experience in corporate communications, crisis communications, strategic public relations, nonprofit communications, and corporate social responsibility. She received her accreditation in public relations from the Public Relations Society of America in 2002.
Leadership / awards:
- Dr. Gilmore received the Top Student Paper Award at the 2012 International Public Relations Research Conference. She also served as president of Newhouse Doctoral Student Association, was named Graduate Student of the Year at the University of West Florida, and was selected as one of the Birmingham Business Journal's "Top 40 Under 40." She has also served as a member of the board of directors for the Alabama Chapter of PRSA, as well as several local nonprofit organizations.