Military and Veterans Programs Holds List of High Honors
Texas Tech’s nationally ranked program has received seven recognitions this year alone.
This year has been a memorable one for Texas Tech University’s Military and Veterans Programs (MVP). Earning seven recognitions in 2014, MVP is among the most celebrated military and veterans support units in higher education.
This year, the MVP has earned the following awards:
- Purple Heart University: Texas Tech is the third university in the nation to acquire this designation by the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
- “Best College for Veterans:” The 2015 U.S. News & World Report ranked Texas Tech as one of the top 50 universities for veterans.
- “Best Online Graduate Engineering Programs for Veterans:” The 2015 U.S. News & World Report also ranked the Whitacre College of Engineering’s online graduate program No. 2 in the nation for veterans.
- “Best for Vets – Business Schools 2014:” The Rawls College of Business ranked No. 13 out of 64 other business colleges across the country by Military Times.
- Military Friendly School: Texas Tech is listed as a 2015 Military Friendly School® for the sixth straight year by Victory Media Inc., a veteran-owned business dedicated to surveying thousands of institutions across the nation for the best practices with military personnel.
- “Best College for Veterans:” The university was named “Best College for Veterans” again, but by College Factual. Texas Tech ranked No. 7 in the nation for its quality of education, affordability, veteran population and federal program participation in Principles of Excellence, Department of Defense’s Memorandum of Understanding and Service Members Opportunity Colleges Consortium.
The university now adds its seventh military recognition from Military Advanced Education (MAE), which recently named Texas Tech a top school in its 2015 MAE “Guide to Colleges & Universities” research study.