Six College of Media and Communication Doctoral Students to Present Papers
Six students from the College of Media and Communication Ph.D. program will be presenting papers, and associate dean for Graduate Studies Coy Callison served as moderator and discussant at the Graduate College at Texas State University-San Marcos's Fifth Annual International Conference for Graduate Student Research to be held November 2013.
- Immigrants and Their Political Participation: An Investigation of Political Participation of Students with Immigrant Parents in the 2011 U.S. Presidential Election Mehrnaz Rahimi and Dennis Patterson, Texas Tech University
- Effects of Task Evaluation Knowledge and Leadership Style on Employee Attitude Toward a Task Alan Abitbol, Texas Tech University
- Public Relations Roles and Corresponding Social Media Strategies Nicole Lee, Texas Tech University, Ben Tisdale, United States Navy, and Josh Diddams, United States Marine Corps.
- Fracking and Framing: How News Frames Interact and Influence Stance on Hydraulic Facturing Shawna White, Texas Tech University
- Framing Benghazi: A New Chapter or Repeated Gaffe in International News Coverage? Lindsey Blumell, Texas Tech University
- Oh the Humanity: A Look at Framing of Gay Marriage Before and After Russia's Anti-Gay law Nathian Rodriguez, Texas Tech University