Specialization in Corporate-Organizational Communication emphasizes communication in a variety of organization contexts, including nonprofit organizations, healthcare administration, small business, and Fortune 300 companies.
Sample career paths for those choosing this specialization might include business management, organizational consulting, market analysis, and production management.
HOW TO GET THERE
Take all 5 of the departmental courses listed below. These classes are required of all Communication Studies majors.
- 1301 Interpersonal Communication
- 2300 Public Speaking
- 2301 Communication Theory (writing intensive)
- 2302 Communication Research (writing intensive)
- 3311 Rhetoric in Western Thought
Select 4 courses from the Corporate-Organizational classes listed below, and choose 3 other additional Junior- or Senior-level COMS classes.
- 3351 Communication in Instruction & Training
- 3353 Small Group Communication
- 3355 Communication in Organizations
- 3358 Business and Professional Communication
- 3359 Interviewing Process and Procedures
- 4304 Internship in Communication Studies
- 4350 Special Topics in Corporate-Organizational Communication
Additional Courses Offered
Contact Our Undergraduate Academic Advisor
- Judy Poffenbarger
- Office Hours: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m., including the noon hour, Monday-Friday
- Media & Communication Building, 10th Floor
Find Us on the Campus Map
Where to Park
Parking on campus is restricted, especially during the regular academic year. If you will be driving to campus, please contact Parking Services about obtaining a visitor's parking pass.
Join a Tour
If you are visiting Communication Studies and would also like to tour the Texas Tech campus, please contact the Visitors Center for available dates and times.