Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
Declarative Programming and Its Applications†
May 26, 2014 – August 1, 2014
This REU site is sponsored by National Science Foundation and hosted by Department of Computer Science at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. It offers a 10-week summer research program from May 26 to August in 2014 for 10 undergraduate students.
The students will have the opportunity to learn the state of the art of declarative programming which is simple and easy to use. With the declarative programming tool, the students will work together with their mentors to tackle challenging research problems in the application areas of great societal impact including Cybersecurity, Energy, Healthcare and Space Exploration. All students, who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, with a passion of applying computing technology to those application areas are welcomed to apply for our REU program. This site emphasizes the participation of a diverse group of students, in particular, women, minorities, and students from community colleges.
The highlights of our REU program are:
- Students will work closely with mentors to apply the state of the art computing technologies to challenging problems in Cybersecurity, Energy, Healthcare and Space Exploration.
- Students have the opportunity to learn declarative programming from one of the strongest team in the world.
- Students have the opportunity to visit external partners from NASA, Balls Aerospace, and Texas Multicore Technologies, Inc. and to visit the nationally well known labs inside Texas Tech including wind energy center and Nanophotonics Center.
- Building a network of supporting community for future graduate career
Other benefits of our REU program are:
- A generous stipend of $4500 for attending the program.
- An allowance of up to $1100 to offset travel cost to the REU site and to the external partners.
- Free on campus housing and meal allowance
|Application Deadline*||March 16, 2014|
|Decision notification (by email)||March 31, 2014|
|Student acceptance letter (by email)||April 15, 2014|
|Program begins||May 26, 2014|
|Program ends||August 1, 2014|
*Applications will be accepted until all spaces are filled.
- Visit the application page.
c/o Program Director
Department of Computer Science
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-3104
†In anticipation of funding