Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
Declarative Programming and Its Applications
- Eligibility and Expectations
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Applicants are expected to have certain mathematical maturity.
- Although programming experience is not needed for this program in general, for some projects, applicants with strong programming skills will have an edge.
- Applicants having strong interest and/or experience in one or more of the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Energy, Healthcare and Space Exploration are encouraged to apply for this REU program.
- Women, minorities, and two-year college students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Once accepting the offer, the selected students must:
- Show their official transcript upon arrival,
- Participate in the REU site projects for a ten week period. This means that all student participants will live on the Texas Tech University campus and will work full time on the research projects for the entire duration of the program, and
- Attend all weekly meetings, discussions, and seminars, and give an oral presentation of the research work performed during the program.
- Application Materials
- An (electronic) copy of the most recent official transcript, including the courses registered for Spring 2014. A scanned copy of your official transcript is sufficient.
- A one-page resume.
- A one-page description of career goals, interests and reasons for participating in this REU program.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who can assess your ability to do research or computing skills.
- An application form (see the point below).
- Application Submission Instructions
- You are expected to fill the online application form here. Note: instructions are given on how to submit documents needed such as a photocopy of transcript(s), and a reference letter.
- If you have any problem in the application process, do not hesitate to contact us.
c/o Program Director
Department of Computer Science
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-3104