The J.T.& Margaret Talkington College of Visual and Performing Arts Ambassadors is a select group of student volunteers. The goal of the Ambassadors is to provide information about the TTU College of Visual and Performing Arts to prospective students, their parents, alumni, and other interested parties, based upon their own perspective. Ambassadors attend recruiting events such as University Day, develop contacts with public and private schools, and assist with various events and public relations initiatives of the college.
For questions or inquiries please contact: Allison Beaty or come by room 203-4 Holden Hall or call 806.834.7083.
Current JTMTCVPA Ambassadors
- Devon Curtis
- Breanna Engelhardt
- Amelia Famularo
- Alec Gallardo
- Jose Gonzales
- Heather Harris
- Jarrett Hatcher
- Kathryn Herrington
- Davian Hopkins
- Alicia King
- Nicole Laiben
- Heather Lambert
- Bailey Manning
- Jorge Martinez
- Bryan Naul
- Marissa Pozzi
- Bailey Schrader
- Kaylie Seitz
- Juliet Wallace
- Hailey West
The selection process takes place during each spring semester for the following academic year.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Must be a full-time VPA student during the long terms.
- Must have at least two semesters remaining prior to graduation.
- Must be nominated by a faculty member or academic advisor.
- Application Process
- Letters of invitation to apply will be sent to nominees who meet the above criteria.
- Applications will be screened and a select number of applicants will be invited to schedule an interview time.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by the associate dean for undergraduate issues, the college academic advisor, and the college marketing/public relations staff.
- The JTMTCVPA personnel listed above will compile the interview results, make the final selections, and notify all interviewees of the results.
- The associate dean for undergraduate issues serves as the advisor of the JTMTCVPA Ambassadors.