Become an Academic Coach
Academic Coach Responsibilities
- Facilitate tutorial learning process and implement AVID methodologies.
- Serve as role models for AVID students in behavior, attire, and work ethic.
- Become familiar with the specific routines and expectations of each AVID teacher’s
- Monitor student progress during tutorials, providing feedback to students and teachers.
- Assist the students in maintaining the AVID binder with calendar, assignment sheets,
tutorial worksheets, and daily Cornell notes in all academic classes.
- Be positive and professional at all times.
- When possible, participate in AVID field trips, motivational activities, and Site
- Other duties assigned by AVID Site Coordinator or AVID teacher relevant to program
and student progress.
Interested in joining the AVID Ambassadors of Tech?
- Must complete 16 hours of AVID academic coach/tutor training.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours in the Fall and Spring.
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA grade point average or better each semester and provide grade
reports to supervisors
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate a mature and approachable
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must present a well-groomed appearance at all times and possess decision making skills.