Become an AVID Tutor
LISD AVID Tutor Responsibilities
- Facilitate tutorial learning process and implement AVID methodologies.
- Serve as role models for AVID students in behavior, attire, and work ethic.
- Become familiar with the specific routines and expectations of each AVID teacher's classroom.
- Monitor student progress during tutorials, providing feedback to students and teachers.
- Assist the students in maintaining the AVID binder with calendar, assignment sheets, tutorial worksheets, and daily Cornell notes in all academic classes.
- Be positive and professional at all times.
- When possible, participate in AVID field trips, motivational activities, and Site Team meetings.
- Adhere to dress code and regulations for Lubbock Independent School District.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Other duties assigned by AVID Site Coordinator or AVID teacher relevant to program and student progress.