Accolades and Recognition
Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement
- The INSIGHT Into Diversity 'Higher Education Excellence in Diversity' (HEED) Award recognizes colleges and universities that demonstrate an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion. Texas Tech University is a proud recipient of the 2013 award.
Military & Veterans Programs
- Military Advanced Education: "Military Friendly College & University" in 2012, 2013, and 2014
- "Military Friendly" by G.I. Jobs in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- In 2014, Texas Tech University was recognized by Military Times as #31 in "Best for Vets".
- In 2014, Texas Tech University was recognized by Military Times as #13 in "Best for Business Schools for Vets".
- Texas Tech University received a grant from the Aurora Foundation to provide training and education for the faculty and staff of the Texas Tech University System.
Office of Community Engagement
- Each year the Hispanic Association of Women selects five winners for the Hispania of the Year Award. Heather Martinez, Director of the Office of Community Engagement and IDEAL, has been announced the 2014 winner in the Education category.
Learn More »
TTU Chess Program
- Texas Collegiate Team and Individual Co-Champions 2013
- Qualified for the Final Four of College Chess, the National Championship playoff, to be held in April 2014 in New York.
Women's Studies Program
- TTU has been recognized by AAUW as one of seven Schools That Empower Women for 2014.
- Named the Gamma Nu Chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the Women's Studies Honor Society.