Accolades and Recognition
Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement
The INSIGHT Into Diversity 'Higher Education Excellence in Diversity' (HEED) Award
recognizes colleges and universities that demonstrate an outstanding commitment to
diversity and inclusion. Texas Tech University is a proud recipient of the 2013 award.
Military & Veterans Programs
- Military Advanced Education: "Military Friendly College & University" in 2012, 2013,
- "Military Friendly" by G.I. Jobs in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- In 2014, Texas Tech University was recognized by Military Times as #31 in "Best for
- In 2014, Texas Tech University was recognized by Military Times as #13 in "Best for
Business Schools for Vets".
- Texas Tech University received a grant from the Aurora Foundation to provide training
and education for the faculty and staff of the Texas Tech University System.
Office of Community Engagement
Each year the Hispanic Association of Women selects five winners for the Hispania
of the Year Award. Heather Martinez, Director of the Office of Community Engagement
and IDEAL, has been announced the 2014 winner in the Education category.
TTU Chess Program
- Texas Collegiate Team and Individual Co-Champions 2013
- Qualified for the Final Four of College Chess, the National Championship playoff,
to be held in April 2014 in New York.
Women's Studies Program
- TTU has been recognized by AAUW as one of seven Schools That Empower Women for 2014.
- Named the Gamma Nu Chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the Women's Studies Honor Society.