Interested in a career in Sports Media?
Wonder what it's like to work as a sportscaster? Or, what you would need to know to be a sports content producer or to host your own sports podcast or talk show?
Welcome to the Texas Tech Sports Media Camp open to rising 9th-12th grade students.
*SUMMER 2018 SPORTS MEDIA CAMP IS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC.
Session topics and activities include:
- Concept and create a sports story for multiple types of outlets (TV, internet, radio, podcast, etc.)
- Produce and star in your own sports video and audio segments
- Practice skills for play-by-play or color commentary of your favorite sports
- Take part in simulated sports news conferences
The camp goals are to provide students with information regarding:
- Technical production skills to take your sports media skills to a more professional level
- What careers are possible in sports media
- What academic skills are necessary to succeed
This exciting new week-long camp is made possible by the Texas Tech College of Media & Communication faculty with other industry professionals.
Classes are team taught by experienced university faculty and industry professionals to emphasize hands-on activities. Classes are interdisciplinary to allow campers to explore the many aspects of electronic media through the lens of a professional. Students will be grouped into classes by grade level.
Room & Board
Students are housed in Texas Tech residence halls. Each camper will have one roommate. Campers may request a roommate (not guaranteed). Students will be supervised at all times by trained camp counselors. Meals are served daily in a Texas Tech dining hall. Each student will receive a linen set/package that includes: Flat Sheet, Fitted Sheet, Blanket, Pillow & Pillow Case, 2 Towels, 2 Hand Towels, 2 Washcloths, Bath Soap, and Disposable Cup. No changes in linens provided during stay.
Evenings are devoted to traditional summer fun that includes swimming, basketball, and volleyball at the TTU Student Rec Center, a pizza party, a trip to Main Event and college readiness activities.
Registration fee includes instruction, supervision, room and board, linen set/package, a camp t-shirt and evening recreation.