The first three steps can be done concurrently
- Apply to Texas Tech University through www.ttu.edu (Undergraduate, Graduate, Law School)
- Visit Financial Aid to learn about grants, loans, scholarships and the FASFA form.
- Go to www.mvp.ttu.edu
Register for Red Raider Orientation
- Review the General Checklist on the Prospective Students tab.
- Click on Federal Educational Benefits and Hazlewood Act tabs for overviews of each
program and chapters.
- If you plan to use Hazlewood Act, you will apply for the benefit through the MVP Hazlewood
- If you plan to use Federal Educational Benefits but have not yet applied through VA,
apply at www.vets.gov.
- Remember to keep a copy of your verification page to upload in your MVP checklist
- Collect the checklists of items needed to be certified for veterans’ educational benefits.
During Red Raider Orientation
Immediately after Registering for Classes: Submit the Checklist of required paperwork and documentation to the MVP Department
via the MVP Forms portal to complete the Certification of Benefits process.
Transferring from Another Institution
- Visit Undergraduate Admissions and click on "Transfer" Students.
- Follow steps 2-5 under "Getting Started".
During the Semester
Each semester, immediately after registering for classes, log onto the MVP Forms portal to complete your MVP Certification Form for the new semester.
Report the following changes on the MVP Change Request Form via the MVP Forms portal , including:
- Added/Dropped Classes.
- Withdrawal from the university.
- Major or minor changes.
- Address changes and incomplete or missing grades.
- Remember to contact the MVP Department as needed.