PEGASUS Service Projects
Service Project Programs:
Each year, PEGASUS dedicates itself to community service projects across Lubbock. By getting involved in the community, we're continuing the cycle of knowledge. Through Adopt-A-Family, Boys and Girls Club, South Plains Food Bank, Animal Haven, Adopt-a-Highway, Habitat for Humanity, Carillon Nursing Home and Hope Chest, we help other individuals to make our community better.
PEGASUS provides many opportunities for students to get involved!
- Adopt-a-Family seeks to provide a Christmas holiday for disadvantaged families in the local Lubbock area by providing food and gifts for the adults and children of the recipient families.
- With a holiday meal and toys under the tree, families in the Lubbock area are able to engage in the traditions many of us take for granted and build memories they may otherwise never have.
- PEGASUS reaches out to the generous University and Lubbock community to sponsor families through donations of their spare change and then helps to create a holiday family care package for as many families as possible.
Boys and Girls Club
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America provide a safe and nurturing center for boys and girls of all ages to have affordable, positive and productive outlets.
- By providing recreational and after school activities every day of the week in a professional environment at little cost to parents, boys and girls are provided an environment with mentors and role models right in their very own community.
- PEGASUS sponsors multiple events throughout the year at Lubbock area Boys and Girls Clubs to help meet the end goals of this valuable community organization.
- By engaging with these young boys and girls in a variety of athletic or academic activities, PEGASUS mentors and members impact the growth and development of the youth in the local area.
Hope Chest for Foster Care Graduates
- The TTU PEGASUS Program Hope Chest for Foster Care Graduates is a non-profit community organization dedicated to funding foster care youth as they make the transition out of state care.
- Whether they hope to enter the workforce, enroll in college, or pursue any number of other opportunities, the dedicated student volunteers of Hope Chest work to raise money and awareness to provide basic necessities to those high school graduates making this difficult and unique journey out of foster care.
- PEGASUS is directly involved in the growth of this organization by actively engaging our mentors and members to reach out to the campus and community for the funds and items to sponsor these deserving young men and women.