The Doctoral Support Center is pleased to assist faculty with class presentations on various academic topics.
To schedule a presentation, please select one of the following topics and indicate a date, time, and e-mail.
Additional presentations may be requested by submitting a new request.
Each individual presentation lasts approximately 30 minutes and is contingent on staff availability.
Writing Retreat Resources
This PowerPoint guide is regularly updated by TTU educational librarian Tom Rohrig:
Statistical and Research Consulting
- http://www.depts.ttu.edu/immap/ (Institute for Measurement, Methodology, Analysis, & Policy)
Statistical and Research Software
- http://www-01.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/ (SPSS – software for purchase)
- http://www.sas.com/en_us/home.html (SAS - software for purchase)
- https://evaluate.ttu.edu/ (REDCap – free software available to students at TTU)
Literature Review Resources
Literature Review Overview and Tutorials
Literature Review Sorting and Organizing Tools
- https://writingcenter.fiu.edu/resources/synthesis-matrix-2.pdf (This PDF is an example synthesis matrix)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_diagram (This page provides an overview of this sorting technique. Though it's used more in business settings to organize verbal conversations, it's also good for organizing lit review conversations.)
APA Formatting Resources
Writing & Grammar Resources
Find an Editor for Hire
American Copy Editors Association
American Medical Writers Association
Association of Writers & Writing Programs
Board of Editors in Life Sciences
Editorial Freelances Association
National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
National Association of Science Writers
Society for Technical Communication: Editing Special Interest Group