Cathy (Mary) Gabro, Ed.D.
Dr. Cathy Gabro serves as an instructor and researcher in the College of Education at Texas Tech University. Cathy comes to TTU with 35 years of K-12 experience in Texas public and parochial schools, and higher education. Dr. Gabro served Texas school districts in administrative roles from assistant principal to assistant superintendent. Her scholarly interests include the ethic of care in school administration, instructional leadership, and best practices for principal preparation programs.
- Ed.D. (2002) Educational Leadership, Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- M.Ed. (1996) Mid-Management in Educational Leadership, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- B.M. (1980) Bachelor of Music Education, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- Texas Superintendent Certification
- Texas Principal Certification
- Texas All-Level Music Teacher Certification
Areas of Expertise
- Principal Preparation
- Culture of Care in Leadership
- Texas State Principal Preparation Test (268)