Elda DeSantiago, M.Ed.
Office: 3rd Floor East Pod
Elda is a Site Coordinator and Instructor in the Teacher Education Department at Texas Tech University. She received her undergraduate and graduate degree from Texas Tech. Prior to joining the faculty at Texas Tech, Elda worked in the Lubbock Independent School district for 14 years as a primary classroom teacher, Reading Interventionists, and Literacy Coach. Elda enjoys using her experiences and training to support Teacher Candidates in their teaching practices as they grow and develop into effective teachers.
- 2014 M.Ed Bilingual Education, Texas Tech University
- 2000 BS in Multidisciplinary Studies, Texas Tech University with emphasis in Spanish.
Areas of Expertise
- Site Coordinator
- Literacy Instructional Coach
- Bilingual Education/Dual Language Programs
- Reading Interventionist/Reading Recovery