Kelly Trlica, Ed.D.
Phone: 806 834-4424
Office: Education 357
Kelly Trlica graduated with a BA in Political Science and a M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. Later, she completed an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
After teaching high school social studies, Kelly served in various public school leadership roles including central office curriculum coordinator, junior high and high school principal, and three central office leadership positions in small, medium and large urban school districts. In 2009, Kelly and her husband, Gerald, moved to Lubbock where Kelly ended her 35 years in public education as the Chief Academic Officer for Lubbock ISD.
After retirement from public schools, Kelly accepted the Professor of Practice position in Educational Leadership at Texas Tech University where she has assisted in rewriting the Ed.D. Program to align with the Carnegie Project for the Educational Doctorate. Texas Tech will accept the inaugural Ed.D. Educational Leadership Cohort in Spring of 2016.
- Superintendent Certification – Texas
- Mid-management/Administration Certification – Texas
- Provisional Texas Teaching Certification – Business Administration, Government – Political Science, Social Studies Composite
- Texas Principal Education Support System Certification
- Brown Book Cooperative Learning – Certified Trainer
- Critical Friends Network Certification
Areas of Expertise
- School Reform and Turnaround
- Executive Coaching
- Development of Human Capital
- Value-added Data Analysis and Performance Pay
- Central Office Performance and Support
“The Effect of A/B Rotating Block Scheduling on Middle School Mathematics”