Sensory Impairment and Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate
The 15-hour Graduate Certificate in Sensory Impairment and Autism Spectrum Disorder provides graduate students with specialized knowledge and strategies to use with the growing population of students with autism who also have a sensory impairment (visual impairment, hearing impairment, or deafblindness). This certificate can be undertaken during a master's or post-bacalaureate certification program or as a stand-alone certificate.
- 15 credit hours
- Coursework is completed primarily online.
- Prerequisite: bachelor's degree
- Students are not required to enroll in a certain number of courses each semester, so completion time varies by individual.
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University. New students may enroll at the beginning of any one of the four semesters throughout the year.
- Learn more
Although there is no application deadline, potential students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least two months prior to projected initial enrollment.
- Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- When asked to select your major, you will choose "Grad Certificate – Sensory Impairment and Autism Spectrum Disorders".
- $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
- Complete additional application as outlined by the Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- Applicants must have unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended sent to Texas Tech University Graduate School at email@example.com. If you are admitted, you will then be required to submit official transcripts.
- All international applicants must provide proof of English proficiency before their applications can be considered for admission. A list of acceptable exams can be found on the Graduate School International Prospective Student webpage. This test is waived only for graduates of U.S. universities or universities in English proficiency-exempt countries. Applicants who have completed at least two consecutive years at a college or university in the U.S. or in an English proficiency-exempt country, are also exempt from the English proficiency requirement.
- Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
- Upon your acceptance into the Graduate School and the College of Education, you will work with a faculty advisor to develop a degree plan. If you receive a letter of rejection, you may contact the Associate Dean of Graduate Education and Research, 806.742.1998, ext. 436, for advisement regarding the admissions appeals process.
Interested in taking only one or two courses? Use Texas Tech University's Graduate Temporary Status to apply and take as many as 12 credit hours without completing the application process to a degree program.
All courses will be offered via distance education. Students will take 5 distance education courses (unless you have already completed any of the required courses at TTU). This certificate can be undertaken during a master's, doctorate, or post-baccalaureate certification program, or as a stand-alone certificate.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
9 Semester Hours
|EDSP 5303||ABA I: Applied Behavior Analysis in Special Education|
|EDSP 5345||ABA II: Data Collection Methods & Single Subject Designs|
|EDSP 5393||Sensory Impairments and Autism Spectrum Disorders: Characteristics and Instructional Strategies|
6 Semester Hours
|EDSP 5383||Anatomy & Functions of the Visual System|
|EDSP 5395||Anatomy and Functions of the Auditory System for Students with Deafblindness|
|EDSP 5389||Strategies for Students with Multiple Disabilities & Visual Impairments or Deafblindness|
|AHSL 5344||Basics of Audiology Development of Oral Communication for Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing|
|AHSL 5345||Aural Habilitatio|
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537