Doctor of Philosophy in Family and Consumer Science Education
Texas Tech University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Family and Consumer Sciences Education is offered by the Department of Family & Consumer Sciences Education in the College of Human Sciences. The Ph.D. degree program is designed to prepare individuals for faculty positions in higher education and other professional leadership roles. If you seek an academic career, Texas Tech's doctoral program provides you with the most advanced academic training, the most distinguished faculty, and the strongest professional foundation of any program in the country.
- Students should complete the online application for graduate school. The application will require a $60 application fee, $50 for each subsequent application. The online application can be found on the admissions page.
- Students should submit official transcripts from all Universities you attended as well as where you received your BS degree to the graduate school.
- Students should submit two recommendation letters.
- Submit both a resume and unofficial transcript.
Prerequisite: Master's Degree
Must complete 60 credit hours of coursework and 12 hours of dissertation. 60 hours include:
- 21-hour specialization in family and consumer sciences education
- 15-hour research component
- 18-hour emphasis designed to address professional goals
- 6-hour of electives
Admission to the doctoral program is based on graduate and undergraduate academic records, GRE scores, and other evidence of the applicant's potential for success.
Applicants must have a Master's degree from an accredited institution.
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537