Master of Engineering in Healthcare Engineering
Texas Tech University's online Master of Engineering (Healthcare Engineering option) is offered by the Whitacre College of Engineering. The curriculum leading to the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree with an option in Healthcare Engineering (MEHE) is designed to meet the growing demand for trained engineers who are able to apply the principles of engineering, health sciences, and business administration.
As a part of the college's Master of Engineering program, the Healthcare Engineering Option is available for engineers who are interested in applying the principles of engineering, health sciences, and business administration to effectively manage the physical, technological, and supports services of healthcare facilities. The Healthcare Engineering curriculum consists of 36 graduate-level semester credit hours, including 33 course credits (11 courses) and 3 credits for research.
- Admission to the Healthcare Engineering Option in the Master of Engineering Degree is subject to the requirements of the Texas Tech University Graduate School. For application materials, students should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Once a student completes the initial application, they will receive an email with a link to Recruiter, to ask them to log into recruiter to complete the application process.
- Applications may be submitted at any time; however, it is in the best interest of the applicant to apply as early as possible. Applicants should understand that fulfillment of the basic requirements does not guarantee admission.
- When completing your ApplyTexas Application for Graduate Admission, answer "Healthcare Engineering" to Question 3: "Enter any specific area of interest or specialty within your major".
- In addition to the Graduate School's requirements, three letters of reference are required.
- Applicants should contact the Healthcare Engineering Advisor when admission is formally applied.
- Additional admission information for international students is available at the Graduate School's Prospective Students website.
Prerequisite: Bachelor's Degree
- The Healthcare Engineering curriculum consists of 36 graduate-level semester credit
hours, including 33 course credits (11 courses) and 3 credits for research. The 11
courses include 9 required courses and 2 electives. Of the 9 required courses, 6 must
be in Engineering and 3 in Health Sciences. To see a complete list of the courses
offered, visit the Curriculum and Course Descriptions webpage.
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537