Adobe Presenter uses the familiar Microsoft® PowerPoint to author and publish effective presentations and training materials. Thanks to the compression and multimedia features in Adobe Presenter, presentations are richer in features, more engaging, and smaller in size than regular PowerPoint files - and do not require a file download by the students to view. Minimize the time, effort, and cost of producing and editing videos by doing it yourself at your desktop. Add quizzes: deliver to the web, video sharing sites, desktops, and mobile devices; and track using integration with Learning Management Systems (LMSs).
Presenter is a way to:
- Transition your face-to-face lectures to an online delivery environment
- Record video and add Close Captions
- Add a recording of your voice to a PowerPoint presentation
- Record a software demonstration and optionally include PowerPoint slides
- Create easy screen captures
Any computer equipped with a Adobe® Flash Player, Adobe® Reader, an internet browser, and an internet connection can be used for viewing Presenter presentations.
Authoring Presenter presentations requires:
- Microsoft® PowerPoint (available as a free download via our eRaider portal)
- Adobe® Presenter plug-in for PowerPoint (see download instructions below).
- To record audio, you will need a microphone.
- For video, you will need a web camera.
See video Examples below.
Download & Installation
The Texas Tech license with Adobe allows for Presenter to be downloaded and installed by full-time faculty and staff. If a GPTI needs to use the software, it may be downloaded and installed by a full-time employee (faculty or staff member) on a TTU-owned computer, not a personally owned machine. To download, go to the Software Download section of eRaider and follow the instructions.
Upgrading to Presenter 9
For those with a previous version of Adobe® Presenter, please follow these instructions to upgrade.
- Close all Adobe applications, Microsoft® PowerPoint, and web browsers.
- Uninstall any previous version of Presenter. Tip: Go to your computer's Control Panel > Programs.
- Download and install the new Presenter software.
- Windows computer
- Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor (Intel® CoreTM i3 or faster recommended)
- 2GB of RAM (4GB or more recommended)
- 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; 5GB space required during usage ( Adobe recommends a minimum of 5GB available hard disk space during usage).
- 1024x768 display (1280x720 display with OpenGL 2.1–compatible dedicated graphics card highly recommended)
- Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.x, or Safari 4
- Adobe® Reader® 9 software and above for viewing PDF files created with Adobe Presenter
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Flash® Player 9 or later software for viewing multimedia content
- Microsoft XML Library 4.0 for 32-bit Office and Microsoft XML Library 6.0 for 32-bit Office
- QuickTime software required for multimedia features
- Internet connection is required to generate 'Closed Captions' in Adobe Presenter Video Creator.
This software will not operate without activation. A broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.* Phone activation is not available
Version Compatibility Matrix:
|Microsoft® PowerPoint 2007 32 bit||Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010 32 and 64 bit||Microsoft® PowerPoint 2013 32 bit||Microsoft® PowerPoint 2013 64 bit|
|Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (latest service pack)||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Windows® 7 SP1||Y||Y||Y||N|
(Faculty, please share this information with your students)
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox 3.x or later (allow pop-ups)
- Safari 4 or later
- Adobe Reader® 9 or later for viewing PDF files created with Adobe Presenter 9
- Flash Player 9 or later for Windows and Mac
- Flash Player 9 or later for Linux & Solaris.
- Updated version of Adobe Flash
Adobe has great resources that will help you learn this innovative software. Feel free to view their tutorials, visit their online forum, or learn how Presenter is in compliance with accessibility
- How to create Flash/PDF Presentations - View these slides for an overview of the process of creating a Flash or PDF file
- Adobe Presenter Website
- Adobe Presenter Tutorials - Great How To videos
- Adobe Presenter Features - What capabilities Presenter has to offer
- Adobe Presenter Release Notes -What's new in Presenter
- Adobe Presenter Top Issues - Known issues and Adobe's recommended workarounds
- Adobe Presenter FAQ
- Adobe Presenter Forum - Have a question or two? Search this forum for some commonly asked questions.
- Adobe TV channel for Presenter
- Adobe Presenter Accessibility Compliance - See how Presenter is accessible
Package vs. Publish - The Packaging icon is used for sharing of a working copy of your Presenter project. The Publish icon is used for sharing completed Presenter projects.
So you have published your Presenter video! Now what?
- Flash and PDF files can be uploaded directly to Blackboard
- Publishing using the Video Creator feature produces a .mp4 video (we do not recommend uploading .mp4 file formats to your Blackboard course, though. Consider Mediasite instead).
- Mediasite is an effective method of posting video online. Please contact the ID Team or the IT Division for details
Not only are these great examples of Presenter 8 videos; but they also give great technical tips and best practices for recording. You can find these videos and others in the Adobe Presenter Tutorials link above.
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537